Other assistance options especially for the youth

General practitioners/Student physicians

You can seek out support from your GP for medical issues, such as psychological symptoms. Sometimes, the nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant of your GP can provide you with assistance quickly. If you require some other kind of psychological help, your GP can refer you to a psychologist, therapist, or other treatment professional.


If you are completing a degree or study programme, the university often provides support options as well. The specific options vary depending on the study programme. You can request more information about these from your dean or student psychologist.

Youth Information Point (JIP)

You may have questions that you would rather not talk about with your parents, friends, or teachers. If that is the case, you can always contact the Youth Information Point (JIP). The JIP provides information on topics such as friendship, sexuality, money problems, alcohol, drugs, and more. You can also contact JIP for information about part-time jobs, applying for jobs, and youth initiatives.

Where can I find this information?

There are various locations in Wageningen (schools, libraries, Huizen van de Wijk, and ‘t Oude Bijenhuis youth centre) that have information kiosks with brochures for you to take and read. If you want more personalised advice, send an e-mail or come by for a visit.

Youth Information Point (JIP)
Churchillweg 3
6707 JA Wageningen
Telephone: 0317-411085
E-mail: jip@solidez.nl